This is a repeating eventjanuary 27, 2024 9:30 am
Composting on your farm, ranch, or large property is an ideal way to manage crop residues, manure, and other organic waste while creating a stellar soil amendment. Join us at
Composting on your farm, ranch, or large property is an ideal way to manage crop residues, manure, and other organic waste while creating a stellar soil amendment. Join us at the beautiful International Equestrian Center in Ramona for this three-week course. We will address the unique strategies, challenges, and opportunities that arise through medium-scale composting.
This course does not address typical residential composting or large-scale commercial composting. It is intended for those mid-sized systems that fall in between, particularly horse ranches and small farms.
- Saturday, January 20, 9:30 AM – 12 PM
- Saturday, January 27, 9:30 AM – 12 PM
- Saturday, February 3, 9:30 AM – 12 PM
In this course, we’ll cover the following topics:
- Neighbor-friendly composting best management practices, scaled to farms
- Compost basics, e.g. recipe considerations, feedstocks, and bulk density
- Compost management, e.g. site considerations, odor, dust, and rodent/vector control
- What is permissible on farms without permits
- Composting/water saving benefits
Residents of unincorporated County of San Diego will receive preferential registration. All others will be placed on a waitlist and apprised of space available 1-2 weeks before the start of the course.
Learn more and register by clicking here.
(Saturday) 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
International Equestrian Center
16911 Gunn Stage Rd. Ramona, Ca. 92065