Get the family together, put on your hardhats, and learn how to build a home and take care of composting worms! Join this is 3-part Family Fun series,
Get the family together, put on your hardhats, and learn how to build a home and take care of composting worms! Join this is 3-part Family Fun series, “Support Global Worming!” in partnership with Alpine Library.
Three 1-hour presentations will share the magic of vermicomposting with your family and how easy it is to build a home for red wiggler composting worms — the best pets you will ever have! Vermicomposting (worm composting) is an environmentally-friendly way to turn your food waste into nutrient-rich castings for your plants or garden beds.
Unincorporated San Diego County residents who attend will receive a FREE kitchen scrap container! Limit 1 per family.
Join us for the full “Support Global Worming!” Series
> March 22 – Let’s Build a Worm Bin!
> March 29 – Making Your Worms Feel at Home
> April 5 – From Bin to Bed
In this workshop series, we will cover the following:
– Important features of vermicompost bins
– Steps and materials to build a self-contained worm bin and in-ground worm bin
– How to purchase a worm bin and take advantage of available subsidies
– Where to put your worm bin within/around the house
– PLUS, a hands-on meet and greet with our red wiggler worms!
Made possible through generous funding by the County of San Diego
(Tuesday) 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Alpine Branch Library
1752 Alpine Blvd.