Join Solana Center for this 2-hour workshop where you will learn the basics of traditional backyard composting. Using trial-tested advice and demonstrations, our experienced educators will teach you all you need to know to get started with a bin that fits your needs and lifestyle. Please learn more & register at bit.ly/40bVG3C or at our website at solanacenter.org/events.
In this workshop, you will learn:
– What is composting and why it is so important
– Various types of compost bin options and how to pick which one works best for your needs
– What tools and materials you’ll need
– Which items are compostable and which to avoid
– How to build, maintain, and troubleshoot a compost pile
Residents of unincorporated San Diego County will receive preferential registration. All others will be placed on a waitlist and notified of space available 1-2 weeks before the workshop. All unincorporated residents will also receive a free kitchen scraps caddy, courtesy of the County of San Diego.
Made possible through generous funding by the County of San Diego and County of San Diego Recycling. Thanks to our partner, The Water Conservation Garden.