This is a repeating eventapril 24, 2021 10:00 am
Does your family include a child who's a budding scientist, garden enthusiast, or conservationist in-the-making? Or perhaps you're planning
Does your family include a child who’s a budding scientist, garden enthusiast, or conservationist in-the-making? Or perhaps you’re planning to compost at home, but want to get the whole family on board to make it a success. If so, this virtual course will help your shared composting adventure, just in time for Earth Day! Our Family Master Composter course will cover everything you need to compost with confidence, all presented in a way that’s fun and intuitive for kids.
Virtual Course Format:
- Virtual, 1-hour weekly meetings via Zoom will include live lessons from our educators, Q&A time, mini quizzes, videos, and more!
- Additional resources for both kids and adults will be sent in weekly mailers, from in-depth composting guides to fun pen-and-paper activities and experiments to try at home.
- Share photos of your composting journey each week and we’ll include them in our presentations. Your child gets an opportunity to shine, and we’ll provide tailored composting advice based on your photos!
- The science of composting
- What can be composted & tools needed
- Starting and maintaining a traditional compost pile
- Using compost in the garden
This class will meet Saturdays from 10:00 – 11:00 AM
- Week 1 – April 17
- Week 2 – April 24
- Week 3 – May 1
Course Fee: $25 per family*
Unincorporated San Diego County residents will receive preferential registration. Residents of incorporated cities will be placed on a wait list and apprised of space available status 1-2 weeks before the start of the course. Please confirm that your home address is unincorporated BEFORE signing up for preferential registration. Enter your address here; you can receive priority registration only if your jurisdiction boundary is “S.D. COUNTY.”
SIGN UP TODAY! http://bit.ly/2P6SJ4H
Sponsored by the County of San Diego.
*If the fee presents a financial hardship, please contact Diane Hazard at email@example.com to apply for a scholarship.
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 11:00 am