Virtual Master Composter Course Weekly on Saturdays, September 25 - October 23 10:00-11:30 am Become a Master Composter! This five-week course offered by
Virtual Master Composter Course
Weekly on Saturdays, September 25 – October 23 10:00-11:30 am
Become a Master Composter! This five-week course offered by Solana Center provides training in the art and science of composting. Course includes weekly webinar meetings with Q&A, take-home lectures, a curated Facebook group, and more!
Topics covered include:
- How composting minimizes your carbon footprint by keeping food and yard waste out of the landfill, helping reduce harmful methane gas emissions.
- How to use your “waste” to create a nutrient-rich amendment for your garden. Compost use reduces the need for synthetic fertilizers and pesticides.
- How to reduce water use and increase water retention. Compost increases your soil’s water holding capacity by up to 7 times and retains water for up to 7 days.
- Discover a wealth of composting options for all needs. Course will cover backyard (traditional) composting, composting with worms (vermicomposting), bokashi fermentation, and an array of associated sub-topics.
- We will also offer a virtual field trip to observe a large-scale composting operation in action!
Master Composter certification requires attendance at all 5 classes, as well as 30 volunteer hours of related community service. Community service opportunities, including virtual and in-person options, will be discussed during the course.
This class will meet Saturdays from 10 – 11:30 AM Sep. 25 – Oct. 23. Priority registration for this course will be offered to residents of unincorporated San Diego County.
Course Fee: $25*
Hold your spot: https://bit.ly/3ybYekm
*If the fee presents a financial hardship, please contact Diane Hazard at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for a scholarship.
Sponsored by the County of San Diego.
2 (Saturday) 10:00 am - 30 (Saturday) 11:30 am