Press Release Public Invited to Wildfire Preparedness Community Workshop Ramona, CA, September 25, 2018 – The Ramona West End Fire Safe Council invites the public to a Wildfire Preparedness Community workshop on
Public Invited to Wildfire Preparedness Community Workshop
Ramona, CA, September 25, 2018 – The Ramona West End Fire Safe Council invites the public to a Wildfire Preparedness Community workshop on October 18, 2018, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Ramona Branch Library, 1275 Main St., Ramona, CA. There is no charge for the event.
First responders, including local fire, law enforcement, and animal service professionals, will discuss their roles and responsibilities during a wildfire, how they interface with other agencies, and offer tips and information for businesses, residents, and their families to be better prepared when confronted by a wildfire. Evacuation, emergency communications, emergency response, preparedness, and creating an evacuation plan will be discussed.
- Bureau of Land Management
- CAL FIRE, Battalion Chief Randy Scales
- CAL FIRE, Ramona Fire, Battalion Chief Larry Converse
- California Highway Patrol
- SD County Fire Authority /Community Group Support, Bob Uribe
- SD County Fire Authority/Fire Prevention Specialist, Jeremy Davis
- County Department of Animal Services, Lt. D.J. Gove
- County Office of Emergency Services, Ryan DeHart
- Internal Revenue Service, Neki Cox – Personal & Business Financial Record Preparedness
- Ramona Outback Amateur Radio Society (ROARS), Steve Sampson
- Ramona Sheriff’s Substation, Lt. Chris Davis
- Small Business Association
The event is co-sponsored by Hatfield Creek Vineyards & Winery, located at 1625 Highway 78, Ramona, CA; Ramona Ranch Vineyard & Winery, located at 23578 Highway 78,Ramona, CA; and the office of Congressman Duncan Hunter
The Ramona West End Firesafe Council (RWEFSC) is a tax exempt, non-profit organization, 501(c)(3), providing fire safety information and resources to the Community of Ramona, California.
For more information, please contact Kristi Mansolf at email@example.com or 760-445-8545.
(Thursday) 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
1275 Main Street