Here is a real treat for lovers of beautiful music. Virtuoso Violinist Jonathan Leviim will perform his spectacular Mother's Day Concert program of musical arrangements
Here is a real treat for lovers of beautiful music. Virtuoso Violinist Jonathan Leviim will perform his spectacular Mother’s Day Concert program of musical arrangements by such brilliant composers as Bach, Paganini, Dvorak, Massenet, Schubert and Mozart.
In this series of concerts, Jonathan will also demonstrate his great mastery of solo works by Bach and Paganini, music that is structurally and emotionally powerful. Paganini’s Caprices reveal the incredible acrobatics that he inflicted upon aspiring violinists, but which Jonathan conquers with apparent ease: left hand pizzicato, ricochet arpeggios, double and triple stops, parallel octaves and tenths, and impressively fast scales.
Also included will be all-time favorites such as, The Holy City, Argentinian Tango, What a Wonderful World, You Raise Me Up, Love Theme from Cinema Paradiso, Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Song from Secret Garden, The Swan and Serenade by Schubert. It’s not often that such world-class musicians are also San Diego locals who enjoy sharing their love of music within their community. Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to enjoy top entertainment on your own doorstep.
For your convenience, Shalom Strings has arranged the following performances to be held in some of San Diego’s beautiful venues:
* Saturday, April 21 at Gateway Church, 1280 North Johnson Avenue #102, El Cajon at 2 PM (Duo Recital)
* Saturday, May 12 at Encinitas Library, 540 Cornish Drive, Encinitas at 2:30 PM (Duo Recital)
* Saturday, May 12 at Ramona Town Hall at 7 PM (Solo Recital)
* Sunday, May 13, at Oceanside Public Library, 330 N Coast Highway, Oceanside at 7 PM (Solo Recital)
* Saturday, May 19 at Point Loma Branch Library, 3701 Voltaire Street, San Diego at 12:30 PM (Solo Recital)
* Saturday, May 19 at La Jolla Community Center, 6811 La Jolla Boulevard, San Diego at 5 PM (Duo Recital)
* Tuesday, May 22 at Scripps Miramar Ranch Library, 10301 Scripps Lake Dr, San Diego at 6 PM (Duo Recital)
* Wednesday, May 23 at Valencia Park/Malcolm X Library, 5148 Market Street, San Diego at 4:30 PM (Solo Recital)
* Saturday, July 28 at Greene Music 7480 Miramar Road San Diego at 2 PM (Solo Recital) Bookings only online.
With such a selection there has to be one to suit your situation. Better still, come along to the concerts and enjoy them all – you will never tire of the music. Most of all, make sure to bring your mom to a special musical feast this Mother’s Day – there’s sure to be a special surprise!
Tickets also available at the door 30 minutes prior to each concert, unless sold out!
Don’t take the risk – get your tickets now! For more details and to purchase tickets, visit www.eventbrite.com (Jonathan Leviim)
To purchase tickets for the Mother’s Day Concert at Ramona Town Hall, click here.
Jonathan Leviim has performed on every continent and in over 40 countries, with all the major orchestras, and with many leading chamber musicians. He has played in some of the world’s most prestigious venues, including: Cologne Philharmonic Hall, Munich Philharmonic, Dusseldorf Philharmonic Tonhalle, Philharmonic Hamburg, The Schauspielhaus- Berlin Concert Hall, National Arts Center in Ottawa, Hong Kong Arts Centre, Centre Colon in Madrid, Spain, and Sydney Opera House, Australia.
Jonathan Leviim performs with great passion and warmth, and with breathtaking technique. “Jonathan is a genius – his passion for the violin is amazing”, said one concertgoer recently. He has a trademark rapport with his audience (who are often left speechless by his talents), and also loves bringing his musical gifts to regional communities, despite having vast experience in some of the world’s most prestigious venues. This concert tour is a unique opportunity to experience the pure sound of the violin at the hands of a maestro, in an informal, friendly and spontaneous atmosphere.
(Saturday) 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ramona Town Hall
729 Main Street